Schlössle [Little Castle]
This building was originally furnished with a moat and walls. However, only the inner house remains to this day and the name serves as a reminder to the small size of the building. The Schlössle was time and time again the setting for military operations. For example, in 1440, the unsuccessful storming of the town via the gates resulted in the Schlössle being climbed instead. Nowadays, the Museum of Local History is housed in the building, also called the ‘Kämmerlein’ [Little Chamber] or the ‘Bürglein’ [Little Fort]. The high-water levels from the flooding of the river Main have been left on the outer walls.